“Different men seek after happiness in different ways and by different means, and so make for themselves different modes of life…” – Aristotle
Welcome to the Relationships-and-Life Skills Website and Blog. I hope you enjoy your visit and that you find details about the Psychotherapy and Coaching Services of assistance in your decision making about whether to undergo counselling/therapy or coaching.
It is my aim to inspire and support you in your journey through life. Part of my service is to also provide information and articles on a variety of relevant topics covering personal, social and global issues, and commentaries. In particular there will be a focus on issues pertaining to good mental health practices.
On a professional and personal level I am committed to adult and community education and training. It is my pleasure to run regular Workshops and Seminars (a collaborative process) and to participate in guest speaker engagements throughout the year.
With the addition of a blog component to the website comes the knowledge that communication is a shared experience and I look forward to sharing thoughts and strategies with you, and in return learning from you.
Let’s get the important professional requirements out of the way.
MISSION AND VISION
- To inspire, guide and support individuals, couples and families in developing the necessary relationship and life skills required to reach their full potential, and to achieve better mental health outcomes.
- To provide personal counselling, therapy and coaching of the highest professional standard that is client/possibility focused; life affirming, respectful and affordable within a non-judgemental and safe environment.
- That the process assists clients both define and achieve professional and personal goals leading to a more balanced, vibrant and purposeful life.
- To educate and inform clients and the wider community through various lines of enquiry which include policy and practice research.
- To promote the rights of individuals and the disadvantaged through advocacy and social justice initiatives.
- To provide a service that supports individualism and is non discriminatory of race, religion, gender and sexual orientation.
- To implement practices which focus on client strengths and responsibility in taking action toward the realization of their visions, goals, dreams and desires.
- To host and participate in workshops, seminars, training and guest speaker engagements.
“Vision – It reaches beyond the thing that is, into the concept of what can be. Imagination gives you the picture. Vision gives you the impulse to make the picture your own.” – Robert Collier