“You cannot change the wind…but you can adjust your sails.”
SITUATIONS WHERE COUNSELLING/COACHING HELPS
- Mental Health
- Personal development and growth
- Communication skills: challenges in the relationship – personal, professional, study. What are communication skills?
- Marriage Counselling – Separation/ relationship problems
- Aggression and conflict in relationships – spousal, familial, workplace
- Adjustment to retirement
- Social changes, demands and changing roles – family/individual/employment
- Life transition
- Performance anxiety
- Trauma, Post Traumatic Stress
- Grief and Bereavement
- Intercultural relationships
WHY SEEK GUIDANCE AND HELP?
Addressing a difficult, challenging situation or life issue can be hard work, sometimes extremely painful and overwhelming. Often we turn to family or friends for support. However, there may be times when this simply doesn’t feel right or it’s just too embarrassing.
Reaching out is the first step to regaining control of your life. By being pro-active your resilience and adaptability will help you develop additional skills to meet challenges head on. Counselling, therapy, and/or life coaching should always be about the process of personal discovery and provide the client with structure, support and feedback. Often we look at one aspect of our life rather than the big picture i.e. The Whole (Balanced) Life Perspective. “As a counsellor, I encourage clients to examine what they really want and possible ways they may start moving forward to achieve it.”
Through self exploration, discovery, and encouragement, client/therapist/coach explore what strategies or creative options can be introduced for goal attainment/work-life balance.
“Give a man fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime.”